Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Volleyball Tournament

Unfortunately, as timing would have it, Holly's first day here was our Volleyball Tournament. So, while Brad and I played ball, Holly just sat on the sidelines and watched. Luckily, it was a short tournament and in the meantime, we had a great cheerleader and photographer!

There were six teams of four players each; Brad and I were on separate teams and we played each other the first game. My team was a bit rough and Brad's team easily defeated us. But, we came back, rallied and won all of our other games! Brad's team did great as well and also only lost one game. So....we met again in the final match for the championship!


Everyone thought this was great and there were cheerleaders for each side, with sly comments about whether Brad was ever going to eat again if his team won, or if I would get a ride home in the dinghy if my team won. It definitely made for an interesting final match for everyone. Though everyone was exhausted, it was a good game with lots of good rallies. Unfortunately, my team did not come out on top. Brad's team was the better team and we just couldn't seem to get ahead. But, in the end, we got two more Regatta Flags to add to our inventory AND a bottle of Rum and Wine!! So, I think it was a win win for everyone (it has only taken me a week to be able to say this without bitterness ;-)).


That night, we had dinner outside in the cockpit and then Brad headed in to the Poker Tournament while Holly and I stayed on the boat and had sundowners and carried on with my poker night tradition of popcorn, wine and movies. We had a fabulous night catching up and when Brad came home I was so proud to learn he had won First Place in the tournament!! This was his second big win of the day! And he even got a plaque to commemorate his win, along with cash winnings - always a welcome addition on this boat!


It had been a very successful and enjoyable day aboard All In and we have more Regatta events in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment